Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weightloss Wednesday: Strengths and Weaknesses

Unfortunately, when it comes to eating habits, exercise, and the like, my weaknesses greatly outweigh my strengths. So here's the good, the bad, and the ugly. We'll start with the ugly first. You have to know where you need help in order to know where you can improve.

Weaknesses:
  • Carbs - all forms of breads, pastries, and ooey-gooey goodness
  • Snacks - salty, sweet, and anything in between!
  • I'm not very fond of many fruits and vegetables
  • I don't like exercising. I don't think I'll ever be one of those people who looks forward to going to the gym...
  • I don't like the mess that cooking makes, so I accept every opportunity to eat out
  • I like baking, despite the mess. But that means I have muffins, brownies, and cookies laying around all the time...not good!
  • My husband's job - he works at a restaurant. Enough said!
  • The fact that I'm an emotional and stress eater
Strengths:
  • I don't drink soda, so it's not something I have to try and cut out
  • I drink mainly water, so getting the suggested daily amount is not hard
  • I don't like much candy, so it's not a temptation
  • I do actually like cooking
  • I have meal plans and buy so that I can make complete meals
  • Probably the biggest one - I have the desire to be healthy!

So how do I work past my weaknesses and avoid temptation? That's the challenge. Whether or not I actually every enjoy exercising, the big thing is changing my eating habits. Otherwise I'm still going to be stuffing my face with junk and I'll never get where I want to be. So, I need to change what I actually bring into the house. The means I need to stop buying the junk food and I need to stop getting the ingredients to make the ooey-gooey goodies. Things like chocolate chips and brownie mixes need to stay at the store. I also need to stick to my meal plans and just say no to fast food and restaurants. Whenever I'm tempted to eat elsewhere, I need to think about the amount of calories, the chemicals, and unnecessary fat and sodium that's in all that crap. It is truly CRAP! Why would I want to put that in my body? Because it tastes good? When I'm tempted, I need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you avoid temptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from any readers out there. Please feel free to share any advice or give me any suggestions for future posts. However, please remember that this is not a place for debate or rudeness. I do moderate all comments. Anything questionable or inappropriate will not be published.