Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heavenly Cheesecake Brownies

I know this goes against everything that has to do with eating better and being healthy, but I just had to share these. After all, everyone needs some to die for recipes in their repertoire, or just some good comfort food!

There is an actual recipe for the brownie part, but I've just used a brownie mix and it turns out amazing. You could use any other brownie recipe you have too, if you don't like the box mixes. This is the recipe as written. I wish I knew where I got it but I really can't remember. It's just something I added to my electronic cookbook.

Ingredients
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1-1/3 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Nonstick spray coating
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. For chocolate batter, in a saucepan melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1-1/3 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.
2. For cheesecake filling, in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating. Spread two-thirds of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cheesecake filling over batter. Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 16 bars.

Like I said, I've just used a box mix, which is usually enough for a 13x9 pan. So if you use the box mix, you need to decrease the temp to about 325 degrees and up the time to about 45-55 minutes. Then mix the cheesecake filling and finish as directed. If you want to make them prettier on top, you can swirl the dollops around with a knife.

These are SO good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from any readers out there. Please feel free to share any advice or give me any suggestions for future posts. However, please remember that this is not a place for debate or rudeness. I do moderate all comments. Anything questionable or inappropriate will not be published.