Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Segment: Time Out Thursdays

*This post also ignored the scheduling I set up, so you get to read it early! Enjoy!*

One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to make (and actually use) time for yourself. As a mother and a wife, I constantly find myself with too much to do and not enough time to do it all. Which means some things get pushed aside. Which also means I don't take time to schedule time for myself. I've found that I'm a much better, happier mommy and wife when I am able to do something that either I want to do or something just for myself. Don't get my wrong, I love my husband and my son. However, I'm the type of person that needs alone time too. My alone time is what keeps me sane.

For instance, I love crafting. If I'm able to take some time and work on projects here and there, I'm able to keep my sanity and keep a smile on my face.

This week, I wanted to post some recipes for homemade spa treatments. The ones that I'm featuring this week are found over on Our Best Bites. They have some SUPER yummy and easy recipes over there. A while back they did a week long Spa Feature with different recipes for homemade facials. Going to a spa to have treatments done can be expensive and time consuming. However, their homemade recipes include ingredients that you probably already have on hand and are super easy to whip up. None of the ingredients are exotic things that you'll have trouble finding. And their directions are so easy to follow.

They teach you how to properly use steam to prepare your skin for facial treatments. Then they also have recipes for an Oatmeal Exfoliation, Moisturizing Avocado Treatment, Tightening Strawberry-Lemon Mask, and a Honey-Yogurt Mask. And that's just for your face! They also have hair treatments and a body scrub! So head on over and check them out.

And most importantly, be sure to take some time for yourself. You'll find yourself feeling rejuvenated and happier.

Do you have any tips to make taking time for yourself easier? Any words of wisdom? Email them to me at mylifemakeover@gmail.com and you might find them featured in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from any readers out there. Please feel free to share any advice or give me any suggestions for future posts. However, please remember that this is not a place for debate or rudeness. I do moderate all comments. Anything questionable or inappropriate will not be published.