Saturday, April 3, 2010

Social Time Saturdays: My Social Goals

I'm a very shy introvert. I've been this way all my life. Less so when I was in high school surrounded by all my friends. However, I had to move half way through high school and I think that's when my inner introvert started taking over. So I need to learn to step out of my comfort zone and be more social.

Invite One Family Over For Dinner Each Month
  1. Start with a family that we already know, to get used to having people over.
  2. We can invite them over or invite them to join us if/when we go out to eat.

Plan, Prepare, and Carry Out At Least Two Parties in 2010

  1. The parties can be for birthdays, holidays, or just because.
  2. I need to invite at least 2 other families.

Set Up Play Dates At Least Once a Month

This is the same as one of my mommy goals, but play dates are as much for moms as they are for kids. If it weren't for play dates, I'd probably only see other adults on Sundays! So I need to take the initiative and get play dates started.

  1. Set up play dates with other moms I already know who have children the same age as my son.
  2. Start with one a month, then gradually increase in frequency.
  3. Find local mommy groups to get to know other moms. If there aren't any in my area, then look into starting one.

Are you an introvert like me? Do you have any tips for overcoming your social fears? Email me at mylifemakeover@gmail.com and I might feature you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from any readers out there. Please feel free to share any advice or give me any suggestions for future posts. However, please remember that this is not a place for debate or rudeness. I do moderate all comments. Anything questionable or inappropriate will not be published.