Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome!

First of all, I'll start by saying that this, on my part, is going to be an "anonymous" blog, for now. Maybe, in the future, I'll come out and fully introduce myself. For now though, I shall remain nameless! I will tell you about myself, as that's the point of this blog, right? I know that in doing so, I run the risk of alienating some readers or not attaining the personal connection with readers, but this is just how it needs to be. I hope you'll understand and that you'll stick around.

I am a 24-year-old stay-at-home mom to a very handsome and rambuctious 17-month-old little boy. I love the opportunity to be a mom and I am so grateful for the opportunity to stay home and raise him. Not every mom gets to do that and, when you crunch the numbers, I really shouldn't be able to. But we make it work. My "job," if you will is to make our budget work. I NEVER buy anything full price - ever. I always have a coupon or buy it on sale or get a discount. Unless of course it's an absolute emergency and I am without coupons. But, I digress.

We are an LDS (Latter Day Saint, or Mormon) family trying our hardest to follow what we believe. If you're unfamiliar with Latter Day Saints and what we believe, feel free to check out Mormon.org for more information. One of my goals is to increase my testimony and better my spiritual side, so there may, at some point be some discussion of my beliefs. I do not want this blog to become a place for debate about religion. I intend to moderate all comments and any inappropriate or debate-type comments will be removed or unpublished. I want this to be an uplifting site, both for myself and for any potential readers. You may email me directly with any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

My husband and I have been married for about three and a half years. We've had our fair share of trials and are working through them. He just finished up his degree and we're currently working on getting him a better, higher paying job. But then again, who doesn't want that?

As I said in my profile, there are some things in my life that need to be changed. Some of those things can't be changed, but I'm on a mission to change the things that can be changed. This is my way to document it, to keep track of how I'm doing, and to maybe inspire or help some others out there like me. I am in the process of making a list of my goals and I'll be posting more details about them soon. I feel like the process of writing all of this our will help me be accountable. I hope that any readers that come along will help me remain accountable.

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so feel free to email me or leave comments. You can email me at: mylifemakeover@gmail.com. If there's anything specific you'd like me to talk about, please feel free to make a suggestion. I'd love to hear anything you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from any readers out there. Please feel free to share any advice or give me any suggestions for future posts. However, please remember that this is not a place for debate or rudeness. I do moderate all comments. Anything questionable or inappropriate will not be published.